I don’t really celebrate Columbus and pilgrims and all that jazz. Not when there are Native Americans have suffered and continue to suffer because of this weird mindset that we are allowed to take what we want and ignore the suffering of those caught between us and our prize. It’s not pretty and it’s not right. #NoDAPL #StandWithStandingRock
That being said I DO like the idea of giving thanks for the good that is in your life. Counting your blessings and realizing that despite the darkness in the world there are still things worth living for.
I am thankful for so much in my life and I know I couldn’t list everything even if I wanted to, so here are the most important ones in no particular order.
1. I am thankful my grandparents are still alive. They give the most amazing hugs. I wouldn’t be who I am today without their influence in my life.
2. I am thankful for a loving and understanding husband who supports my crazy ideas and loves me for who I am. Even when who I am is cranky and stubborn.
3. I am thankful that I have a job that I love and that allows me to work from home on my own schedule. It has done a LOT for my mental health.
4. I am thankful for creative outlets that keep me sane.
5. I am thankful for a community of friends who love and support me and the opportunity to deepen those connections into something beautiful.
6. I am thankful for my health. So far, so good. Much better than it has been.
There is so much I would like to add, but it’s late, and I really should be getting to bed.
May you always have something to be thankful for.